A Message from our Director re: COVID-19 Precautions for Addiction Sufferers
Support Systems Homes, Inc Detox, Residential and Intensive Outpatient programs are continuing to accept clients.
During the current COVID-19 response, Support Systems Homes understands the importance of being proactive and taking the utmost precautions to ensure the safety and health of our staff and clients.
As such, Support Systems Homes is following all CDC regulatory prevention measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 at our facility. We have also implemented numerous safety protocols to minimize risk, while making sure our clients have access to individualized and high-quality programming.
There is no “pause button” for substance abuse and behavioral health issues, not even during a pandemic. Our goal as healthcare providers should remain focused on taking care of our patients who need treatment. Now, more than ever, it is critical to work collaboratively to ensure that people who need our help know they can still turn to us.
Thank you for your continuing partnership. I am truly grateful for our extended community.
In addition, our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is now offering virtual sessions.
In order to support the recovery community, our IOP has transitioned to the video conference platform, “Zoom for Healthcare.” IOP groups consist of both process and education.
Just a few of the precautionary measures we are taking to ensure the well-being of our staff and clients:
- Additional infection prevention and control training for all staff.
- Increased awareness on hygiene, cleaning and sanitization processes, and social distancing.
- Enhanced illness and infection screenings for all staff and clients who are entering our facility.
- Continuous communication with our local health department for community-specific guidance.
- Active monitoring of our medication supply chain.
- Revised policies and processes regarding staff travel and working in-office or at home.
- Increased awareness of pre-existing training on pandemic disaster drills.
- Communication and notification processes in place, if a case of COVID-19 is identified.
- Comprehensive infectious disease exposure control plan in place.
- Suspended visitation to protect staff and clients.
Should a client or staff member present with flu-like symptoms, we will continue to follow the CDC-compliant protocol to maintain the safety of everyone.
At Support Systems Homes, we are taking this pandemic very seriously, and all of our efforts are designed to ensure that COVID-19 does not prevent our partnership from continuing to help those in need of treatment.